FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
PLEASE LIST, POST, OR SEND TO PEOPLE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED.
Bright Night Providence , Rhode Island’s largest New Year’s Eve Festival, is seeking volunteers!
Bright Night Providence is an artist-run arts oriented New Years Eve Celebration that celebrates and focuses on Rhode Island’s most important cultural asset: its artists. On the night of the event,over 150 of Rhode Island’s best storytellers, actors, musicians, magicians, puppeteers, dancers, acrobats, and clowns will do their thing, strut their stuff, and help families from around the state ring in the New Year in a fun and exciting fashion. The festival this year will feature expanded afternoon children’s activities, a resounding midnight fireworks display, and a whole plethora of entertainment. There’s something fun for everyone!
To help this all run smoothly, we need approximately 150 volunteers on the night of the event. Volunteers perform in a number of capacities.
1) Ticket sellers in several venues throughout the city.
2) Venue ushers and managers– checking wristbands, answering questions, making sure that venues are not over-crowded, counting people, passing out surveys, etc.
3) Delivering additional wristbands, posters, programs, food, etc. to venues around the city.
4) Other jobs that are similar in nature to the above.
Each volunteer shift will be approximately 3-4 hours long (depending on how many volunteers we are able to schedule) (Of course, people are welcome to work longer, if they desire!)
Each volunteer will get a free wristband to enjoy the rest of the festivities, as well as the thanks and appreciation of the more than 150 artists involved in the festival.
All Volunteers will be expected to attend a pre-event training/information session in mid-late December.
If you are interested in volunteering, we need the following information from you. (Please email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org)
1) Contact Name
2) Contact information (telephone numbers, email address)
3) Number of people that would like to volunteer with you
4) A brief description of your previous volunteer experience (if any)
5) Any special skills you might have (stage management, cash register, technical skills, etc.)
6) Anything we should know that might help us match you in the right place.
7) On the day of the event, when are you available? We generally need volunteers from 4pm- 11:30 pm, with a limited amount of slots available earlier in the day.
Thank you for your interest in helping us to ring in the New Year right. We look forward to celebrating New Year’s Eve with you.